Wednesday, September 22, 2010

You Are The Only Exception.

What a whirlwind few weeks it has been. Sometimes I feel like all I do is blink, and I've lost a day, or a week, or a month. Usually it's only been a second or two (yes I blink very intentionally) but there are days when I just can't believe it's that day. It's already September 22nd, (I realize that it's now the 24th, but I didn't really have anything to say 2 days ago. I'm not sure I do now either) and that seems completely impossible to me. And yet here we are.

Tomorrow marks the day that we are 3 weeks away from The Big Day. We've got some more things to take care of, more purchases to make mostly. I've worked on the schedule every day this week. And quite frankly it's exhausting. There's just so much going on. We have so many places to be, and things to do. Weddings are hard. And although I know it's going to be a fantastic day, I'll be thrilled when it's over and I never have to do it again!

I've been trying so hard to be the bride who is easy-going, and stress-free but can I tell you a secret? I'm stressed. TO. THE. MAX. I'm honestly not sure how I've been able to even pull myself out of bed some days. I have been having nightmares numerous times a week. I am stress-eating like it's going out of style (not good for fitting into a dress!) and when people ask how they can help me, the honest to goodness answer is, they can't. There are things that just can't be passed onto anyone else.

All that being said, I love my friends and family who have been so supportive through all of this. Mondo has been amazing, making sure I have what I need from him. And things are getting done. Overall, I think once it's over I'll be able to look back and be pleased with this time. It's been a real trip trying to organize such an event.

People have told me to just enjoy being engaged. Which I have. More than I really thought I would. There are moments where I already feel married, but in the car on the way to work this morning I felt engaged. The anticipation of marrying the man I love just crept up and overwhelmed me to the point of tears this morning. Happy, joyous, warm tears that I just let run down my cheeks freely as I thought about that moment when I would walk towards him, wearing white, and in front of everyone promise to spend the rest of my life loving him. I am blissfully happy.

And Mondo, that feeling we talked about the other night? A distant memory. I'm awake, this is real. We are real. We are forever. I love you.

No comments: