Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's A New Day...

I woke up this morning feeling oddly....content. And that lasted about 12 seconds before my mind decided that there must be something wrong if I'm not stressed. I rolled over, scooted over so my feet were touching Mondo's, and went back to sleep. When I woke up the second time, I felt...content. This time the feeling lasted all the way until the alarm went off and Mondo tried to turn it off but didn't know how so he handed me the phone so I could. This time, I forced his arm up and around me so I could burrow into his chest. Sleep called to me quietly, but it was too late. My mind was racing. What day is it? Did I remember to send that email? What time is it? Can I lay here for another 5 minutes? Do we have an 8am patient? What am I wearing? I HAVE TO PEE. Mondo is so warm. What time is my meeting today?
Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada.

It was after that last yada that I decided to quit fighting it, and get out of bed. I remember saying something to Mondo like "Why do you have change the schedule?!?!" And then I stuck my tongue out at him. I'm not even sure he was awake.

After my awesomely hot shower (I came out looking like a cooked lobster) I went into the room and heard Mondo say "Good Morning." And that sneaky little feeling of content basically smacked me in the face. It stopped me dead in my tracks. Like time had stopped for a brief second and I could practically see it. An overwhelming sense of "everything is ok."

My interpretation? God is reminding me that He is good. And that He loves me so much. Those 2 concepts SHOULD bring a sense of peace and *gasp* contentment to anyone who truly believes them.

And on this beautiful sunny Thursday morning, I believed.

No comments: