Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blogging About Blogging

So today I spent 3.5 hours of my morning reading THIS. And I have to admit, I feel slightly inferior. Not only does she have incredible Paint skills, but she's also very, very funny.

So here comes the pity party. I want to be funny. And there was a time when I thought I was. It was during a time in my life where I was someone else (I'm not even kidding, I have no idea who took over my life and did all those horrific things) and I was on a quest to make as many life altering mistakes as possible, and then I was going to write a secret blog about them so that I could tell the world about all of those life altering mistakes I was making. And by the world I mean anyone who happened to stumble across my blog by Googling "epic failures" or "something that will make me feel better about my own life." And for a solid 6 months or so, I did. I wrote these hilarious accounts of this footinmouth situation that resulted in losing a friend. Or the time when thiscrappything happened and I cried for 4 days straight. Oh, and how could I forget the time I was called thisthisthisandthat by a complete stranger because of an unexpected discovery of truth that made me look like thisawfulperson.

But boy were those posts funny.

So now, I've taken a look around, and realized that my life isn't so funny anymore. And not in a IjustfartedinTargetquicklywalkaway, kind of funny. Because Lord knows that one happens just about everytime I go into Target. But funny in the selfdepricatingandnotknowinghowtostop kind of way. The kind of funny where people aren't really laughing, but more feeling sorry for the girl who can't seem to keep it together.

Honestly, I'm ok with not being that kind of funny anymore.

So all that being said, I referenced THIS blog here because I want to be more like this girl. She knows exactly who she is, she's hilarious and can draw dinosaurs and really life-like bears in Paint. She makes me want to be a better blogger, and obviously she makes me want to be funnier in the peopleareactuallylaughingwithme kind of way.

3 comments:

Lara said...

I need more funny in my life. That's why I went to high school camp; a week of funny. When did life stop being funny? All we did was laugh in high school!

Kelly Sue? said...

I do remember a lot of laughing then. But when I look back on that period in my life all I remember is the good. I'm glad my brain has blocked out all the crappy things about High School. Like, High School.

ktjane said...

i think you're funny. and while the other blog was funny, you're right, it was a sad kinda funny. i'm glad you're not that girl. i heart this one!