Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Playlist

Recently, I was referred to as a "music snob" to which I smugly replied "Yes, I am." I don't mind being thought of that way, because I take that to mean I have great taste in music. Better taste than most people. Because I'm that awesome. (I'm feeling slightly narcissistic this morning!)

That being said, my good friend Sara and I worked ridiculously hard on the music playlist for the wedding, and I have to admit, it's a pretty darn good set.

Some of my favorite selections for the festivities include, but are not limited to, "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley, "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson, "Us" by Regina Spektor, and "Hold You In My Arms" by Ray LaMontagne. The list has so many songs on it, and there are plenty of my favorites that I won't even hear. I'm fairly certain though they will help set the atmosphere for the night exactly where we want it. It's a casual event, and I wanted the music to be a funky and beautiful backdrop to one of the most important days of my life. We've added a few classics, and then some unknowns, hoping to keep people's ears happy and hearts full. We've got The Mamas and The Papas, Elton John, Maroon 5, Modern English, Kool and the Gang, ZZ Top, and so many more that I think everyone will hear something they like, hopefully more than once!

Somehow this post didn't turn out funny. At all. Last night when I was writing it in my head it was much funnier. Oh well. Posting it anyways.

No comments: