Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Heat Is On.

6 weeks from now I'll be Mrs. Kelly Rivera.

Which means I will be able to:
-stop correcting people when they misspell my last name (you'd be surprised at the things some people come up with- "Hagmen", "Hadegman", "Hegemen" are a few of my favorites).
-finally call Mondo my husband.
-wear a little extra bling on my left hand.
-change the way I do my taxes (not sure yet what changes, but I think it means more money!)
-say things like "but you're my husband now!!!" when M and I argue about, well, anything.


I'm pretty stoked.

However, all that being said, I've got 6 weeks to get my butt into gear. The list of things to do seems to get longer every passing day. Every time I check something off the list, 4 things gets added. It's overwhelming in every sense of the word. But with all that stress comes something I did not expect. Pride. I am so incredibly proud of what Mondo and I have done, of myself for landing such an amazing life-partner, of Mondo for putting up with my craziness. I know when the day comes, I'll be able to look back on it knowing I put my blood, sweat and tears into it. I'll be able to look back on it knowing that I have some of the best friends and family a girl could ask for. I'll be able to look back on it knowing that Mondo has given me every reason in the world to get married, and that I don't doubt our union for a second. I'm proud to marry my best friend, with all of my favorite people on the planet there to celebrate with us.

There's this incredible thing that happens when you connect your life to someone, and without going into all the details of the wonderful changes I've been through in the last two years, I'll tell you this. It was an organic, natural progression. I fell in love, and it changed me. Mondo never asked for me to change, but somehow in the process of intertwining my life with his, I became a different person. There's still so much of me that's the same, and will always be the core of who I am. But being in love has made me a better person. Being loved has made me a better person.

6 weeks til the Big Day. But forever has already begun.

No comments: