Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Meltdowns and More Boogers

So I can't keep a background on my page for more than 5 minutes. A sign of restlessness? Most likely. I feel like the background for my blog has to reflect me. And I can't sit still, so why should my blog! I still haven't found the perfect background yet, but I'm getting there. My current one is called "Amour" which I feel is disgustingly fitting, given that I am head over heels in love with my fiance. (How about that for a segue?!?!)

That man, oh my how he makes me feel. I've never met anyone who can tell me I'm beautiful, and make me believe it. Or give me something to laugh about when I just feel awful. In fact, just the other night, I had a mini-meltdown about why he would want to marry me. I believe my rant went a little something like this "I'm an awful roommate, I'm messy, I wipe boogers on my sweatpants." Some sobbing, and then "I can't cook, my feet smell, I'm mean and I'm gross." More sobbing, along with some nose-blowing. And then I just wept. For several minutes Mondo just let me cry. He was sitting up next to me in bed, had his arm around my shoulders and just let me cry. And for that alone, I know I'm marrying the man God created for me. Mondo has learned, probably the hard way, that sometimes I just need to cry. I don't need to someone to tell me that everything's ok, or that I shouldn't be upset. I just need to cry. And for what felt like an eternity that night, he let me.

When my shoulders had stopped shaking, and my eyes were out of tears, he looked me in the eyes and said some of the most romantic things he's ever said to me. For the sake of our intimacy I'm not going to share them all, but I will give you a few highpoints.

"Kelly, you are gross."
"Your feet do smell."
And my personal favorite....
"How were you supposed to know that's where I'd put my hand when you wiped your booger there?"

He just gets me.

In all seriousness though, there's something you need to understand about Mondo. He calms me. He quiets the voices in my head. He gives me a reason to get up. And he loves me for me.

In 2 months, I'm going to marry him. But my heart is already his.

1 comment: