Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Homebody.

I doubt that people expected it, and some of you may even be a little shocked by it. But I've become a homebody. 9.5 out of 10 times I would rather go home, make dinner, and watch a movie then go out and do, well, just about anything. Just the other day Mondo says "You've ruined me. All I want to do is go home." And inside, I smiled.

Because there was a time in our lives when going home was the absolute last thing we wanted to do. We wanted to be out, eating, drinking, exploring, adventuring (real word?) and living life. Or at least that's what we thought we were doing. And then when our wallets were empty and our feet were sore, we'd trudge back home and sleep for a few hours, ok a lot of hours, wake up and do it all over again. Don't get me wrong, I loved that season in our life.

But I really love the season we're in now. Like, really really love it.

We're making plans, talking about our future, and making changes in our day to day lifestyle in order to accomplish those dreams. And with that comes a little sacrifice, but at the end of the day I can smile knowing that those sacrifices are the start of a new home, or a dog, or savings. We're making these really hard decisions in order to make the start of our marriage just a little easier. And it's been difficult. Really difficult. Because I love buying things, and eating out, and going to movies, and drinking in bars, and wiping my ass with $10 bills. But sometimes, you just have to take a look at where your priorities are, and tweak them a bit.

So now, we're homebodies. More often than not, you can find us sitting at home, eating a home cooked meal, watching whatever movie showed up in our mailbox (man I love Netflix) and just living life.

Because it's not how much you do, but who you're doing it with that really counts.

No comments: